Toyota and Lexus Transmission Service
In earlier articles we’ve learned about how that the most important vehicle maintenance task you have to do to ensure that your Toyota or Lexus will last as long as possible is that of proper and regular oil changes. The second most important fluid (aside from coolant) is your transmission fluid of which we have also learned how to properly maintain.
Related article: A Simple Test to Avoid an Oil Leak Scam on Your Toyota
In today’s article, we are going to go deeper into transmission maintenance with a recent video from the Car Care Nut YouTube channel in which the host takes the time to address a wide range of questions car owners ask when it comes to taking care of their Toyota and Lexus transmissions.
Related article: New Toyota Brought in Garage After Only 900 Miles! Why?
The value of this video is that it reveals some surprising advice that would be counterintuitive to most car owners.
In the video you will learn:
• When should you change your transmission fluid.
• Which type of fluid should you use and how do you know if it’s the right one for your car.
• Is it okay to switch to “improved” oil brands?
• What do you do if you’ve exceeded the recommended mileage on its original transmission fluid?
• Possible problems with changing your transmission fluid.
• What is your transmission’s valve body and why is this so important to know about.
• Why and when leaving your transmission is the best thing you can do.
• Should you flush your transmission fluid or just do a drain and refill job?
• The risks of going to a service center for a transmission flush.
• Why transmission fluid filter replacement is often a waste of money.
• And much, much more…
Never Do This to Your Toyota and Lexus Transmission: Do’s and Don’ts for Transmission Fluid
For informative articles about Toyota and Lexus vehicles, here are a few helpful pieces for your consideration:
• Toyota Engine Oil Switching Advice You Must Follow Warning
• What to Do About Excessive Oil Consumption in Your Car
• Toyota Mechanic Reveals the Truth About New and Used Lexus Models
Timothy Boyer is a Torque News automotive reporter based in Cincinnati. Experienced with early car restorations, he regularly restores older vehicles with engine modifications for improved performance. Follow Tim on Twitter at @TimBoyerWrites for daily new and used vehicle news.
Image Source: Pixabay